These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Northern stars

you were The One
or so, I thought
until i got
my heart broken
and wounded
and open
to hate and to things I'd rather not name

but i persisted
and tried to stay sane
regardless
of pain

you are still light
however the darkness
that threatened to overcome
my spirit
because of you

you point the way
to healing
to forgiveness
to strength
to growth

you are but One
stop along the way
towards The One
that awaits
my homecoming.

11:53 PM 10/4/2013


August Bernadette 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...