These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Overdose

 
Am turning into a bitter pill
Am shivering
From my nakedness yet no one sees.

Can anyone
Lead me away from where I’m standing?
Am tethering at the brink of nothing.
My fear, can’t anyone sense?
My cry to heaven, can’t anyone hear?

I long to crawl
To shrink back into my darkened cell
Beggar that I am for recognition
For an answer that couldn’t be given.

To where do I run for succor?
From myself, to where do I turn?
Not even a hand is there to hold me
This anguish I can no longer bear.


12th August 2002
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...