These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Incognizant

 
Have often been in your line of vision
But up to now, you still can’t tell
Just how my many burdens, my façade hides
Just how my ‘strong’ words belie
 the depth of my need inside.

We’ve often stood so close together
Yet up to now you still can’t tell
That a storm is raging behind my ‘ringing’ laughter
That my smile hides heavy clouds of tangy saltwater.

How could you look at me with unseeing eyes?
How, of the real me, you could be unaware?
Won’t you please stop, and again, try to see me?
Perhaps you could start by trying to care.


5th August 2002
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...