These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Afflicted.



I am ridden
With wanting something I can never have.
Reaching
For something that’s way farther than I ever expected.

So slowly I shall unclasp
My fingers ‘round that which never was.
With closed eyes, I will cut
The string which never did really bind

I am again letting go
Of something which has never been mine.
I am again gathering
These nearly-scattered pieces of self
Back to the core of me

2002  July 04
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...