These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Blinded no.2

 
Course and pebbled is the beach
Where my feet has led me
I’m bleeding from the cut of a million stones
I’m ever so tired, so weary.

The tide is high, the current strong
And my bones are almost freezing
But since tonight, I’m all alone
No warmth would come sustaining.

I could hear it again,
that insistent whispering
The sea is calling out my name
And I’ve grown so numb; my strength is failing
I’m halfway into giving in.

The stars, they’re nothing but brilliant slivers
Of light against velvet black.
Cruel and piercing eyes that reflect
No hope. No warmth does it give back.

The moon has grown, it’s now so round.
The tide is rising fast.
Nearer into the mysterious depths I’m drawn.
For how long could I still last?


22nd June 2002
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...