These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

The 23rd.


It's time to count my blessings
As I say 'farewell' to you
As I thank you for the memories of the last four years
For the knowledge that you've loved me too

Past are the days that I have cried
Coz I wrongly thought you no longer cared
Still those were the times I learned much of myself
Especially when through it all, the love remained

I've learned to overcome my fears
To bravely say what I've been honestly feeling
I have learned what faith is all about
Of remaining true despite the suffering

I've learned to hold on even though it had seemed
There's nothing more left to believe in
In facing the pain, I came to find strength
To hope when there's no longer hope of healing

So now I am reaching out to thank you
For everything you taught me to be
Because of you, I am forever changed
Into a stronger and better me

For all these, I wish I could be your angel
But I can only be your lifetime buddy
Promise, I shall always be here for you
My dearest friend, mi mon ami


-21st April 2002
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...