These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Fast Forward.


I long for this nightmare to be over
That I may be able to start anew
Can't get over the sad reality
That I'm on the verge of losing you

If holding on tight could only make a difference
I'll hold you fast and not let go
But fate is a nemesis that's way beyond me
A strong current over which I've no power to stop the flow

Can't we just skip over this chapter?
I'm afraid I can no longer carry on the fight
I'm finding it hard to breathe in these shadows
Can't I simply wake up to a new morning's light?

But the immediate tomorrow
  would only bring fresh wounds
It will be hard to get by knowing you're gone
Still, those thousand miles
    won't keep this self from assuring
That in this heart you will always have a home.

-18th March 2002
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...