These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

For lack of a better term



I wanted so much to tell you
How much you mean to me
But then I just might scare you
I can lose you easily

I have nothing to hold on to.
Nothing to shield me from pain
I feel so exposed now.
This love, I deny, in vain.

How can I even fight it
When I can’t help but respond to your cry?
It is all beyond reach of my reason
Can’t just ignore it, though hard I try.

2001 November 22
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...