These are but vain attempts to express, by one who wears her heart on her sleeve. Words, much like love, can be ever elusive... ever frustrating... like trying to paint a million stories on a single canvass. If you will read, please do not ask. Just feel. Or at least try to. The meaning is, whatever you have felt to be there, or the lack thereof :)

Ruminations #1

 
I am a mirror
Behind me is despair
Lurking just beyond the surface
Biding time before it emerges.

I know that there is hope
I’ve spied its spark from deep within.
But alas, I’m at a loss to draw strength from it.
From weariness, my vision’s gone dim.

In my eyes can’t you see the sadness ?
Perhaps you do but you choose to ignore…
Scared that if you dare acknowledge it
You’ll find a reflection of your own soul.





20th August 2001
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...